Patient Info : Plan Your Dental Visit
Plan Your Dental Visit
Prior to your dental visit to Bangkok International Dental Center (BIDC), pre-plan by learning as much as your can about BIDC and what to expect here.
Patients being treated at BIDC enjoy high technological support together with a warm and friendly service. We are here to create a caring environment and a comfortable dental care experience. Every patient is individually looked after and treated with compassion. We act with honesty, integrity and professionally. Working together with your dental consultant, dentists and supported by staff, our team targets to ensue that your dental visit is as smooth as possible.
The Care You Receive
BIDC and its dental clinics are leading provider for professional dental services. BIDC is well-known as a dental implant center performing procedures including full mouth implants, all-on-4 and all-on-6 implant surgery; digital smile makeover center restoring aesthetically challenging full mouth rehabilitation cases; and an endodontic specialist center treating complex and detailed root canal treatment using endodontic microscope.
Because of our reputation and strong relationship with dental suppliers in Thailand, this enables us to bring the latest technologies to our Thailand facilities so that patients can benefit from new developments. We treat patients from Thailand and all over the world. We deliver privacy, respect, comfort, cleanliness and quality treatment.
BIDC is a private organization providing dental treatment service.
Types of Patients not included in the scope of dental services at BIDC:
- Children less than 6 years of age
- Patients that need restrain
- Patients with severe mental disabilities
- End-of-life patients and terminally ill patients
- Patients that need blood or intra venous fluid during treatment
- Patients that need another medical specialists during treatment including patients still receiving chemo or radiation therapy and patients with oral cancer
- Patients that needs general anesthesiologist and operating theater for patients and patients requiring procedural sedation
- Patients between 6 to 12 requiring root canal treatment and/or prosthetic on primary teeth
- Patients requiring treatment of Temporal Mandibular Disease
Patients not within in the scope of dental services of BIDC are referred to an alternate dental care facility.
The Thai law’s Patient Bill of Rights enforced by the Medical Council protects all patients in Thailand. When considering any overseas treatment it is important to understand that any legal disputes (either medical care or commercial) concerning your care will be decided in the country of treatment, not your country of origin or citizenship.
- Every patient has the basic rights to receive health service as have been legally enacted in the Thai Constitution BE 2540. The patient is entitled to receive full medical services at their dental visit regardless of their status, race, nationality, religion, social standing, political affiliation, sex, age and the nature of their illness from their medical practitioner.
- Patients who seek medical services have the rights to receive their complete current information in order to thoroughly understand about their illness from their medical practitioner. Furthermore, the patient can either voluntarily consent or refuse treatment from the medical practitioner treating him/her except in case of emergency or life threatening situation.
- Patients at risk, in critical condition or near death, are entitled to receive urgent and immediate relief from their medical practitioner as necessary, regardless of whether the patient requests assistance or not.
- The patient has the right to know the name-surname and the specialty of the practitioner under whose care he/she is in.
- It is the right of the patient to request a second opinion from other medical practitioner in other specialties, who is not involved in the immediate care of him/her, as well as the right to change the place of medical service or treatment, as requested by the patient, without prejudice.
- The patient has the rights to expect that their personal information are kept confidential by the medical practitioner, the only exception being in case with the consent of the patient or due to legal obligation.
- The patient is entitled to demand complete current information regarding his/her role in the research and the risks involved, in order to make decision to participate in/or withdraw from the medical research being carried out by their health care provider.
- The patient has the right to know or demand full and current information about their medical treatment as appeared in the medical record as requested. With respect to this, the information obtained must not infringe upon other individual’s rights.
- The father/mother or legal representative may use their rights in place of a child under the age of twenty or who is physically or mentally handicapped wherein they could not exercise their own rights.
- Patient clarifies any unclear communications before signing consent to receive treatments at their dental visit.
- Patient fully discloses important health information to the best of knowledge and ability.
- Patient fully co-operates and acts on instructions by the medical provider with regards to healthcare policy and legislation on treatment and self-care instructions. This includes taking prescribed medications and coming for follow-up appointments. And informing correspondingly if unable to do so.
- Patient co-operates and abides on smoking, environmental care, infection prevention and control regulations, policies and procedures of the medical provider.
- Patient respects your healthcare provider, its staff and other patients or visitors within the medical facility, behaves with dignity and avoid disturbances.
- Patient inform staff on have any healthcare benefits, insurance and/or privilege claims along with related documents prior to treatment.
- Patients understands that :
- The medical professional is qualified to perform treatment and is protected by law from unfair allegations.
- The medical professional cannot diagnose, prevent or treat every disease or conditions.
- Every medical procedure has possible risks and incidents even with proper care.
- Errors can occur due to medical technology or uncontrollable environment factors.
- The medical provider has the right to provide treatment based on medical professional guidelines under their ability and is able to refer for a second treatment opinion.
- The medical provider may advise or refer patients for another treatment(s) for their benefit.
- Incorrect disclosure of health information by the patient can affect the treatment process and outcome.
Appointment Visit Process At A Glance
Get to BIDC
- Get Location Map
- Transport by underground train or taxi
First time patients
- arrive 15 to 20 mins before your appointment time
- or use online registration form
For existing patients
- arrive 10 mins before your appointment time
Inform the nurse on
- any allergies
- currently taking medication
- medical conditions
- special requirements
Meet your dentist
- bring up your main concerns
- ask questions on any uncertainties
Bangkok International Dental Center (BIDC) recommends making an advance appointment by contacting us prior to your visit in an ensuring a timeslot is reserved for you and channeling your visit more effectively. If walking-in to our center, the next available timeslot is assigned. You are able to either
- Online enquiry form
- Email us directly
- Call our BIDC telephone number
- LINE chat
- Use FB messenger
For same day and next day appointment bookings, please kindly call us for an immediate response. If contacting by other channels, a response may only be given within 24 to 48 hours. Check our clinic operating hours.
BIDC has several dental clinic locations in Bangkok and Thailand. Each location may be reached by car or public transport using the underground train and/or sky train.
At BIDC main office building, there is ample car parking spaces allocated at the front of our BIDC dental complex at Ratchadaphisek Rd. A wheel-chair accessible ramp is accessible at the backend entrance of the complex. All our other BIDC dental clinics locations also has car parking facilities.
For first time patients, please arrive 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment timings if this your first dental visit. Upon arrival, please kindly approach our level one service counter. You will then be asked to register your information :
Please bring along your personal identification (passport, ID card or driver’s license)
- Fill in a registration form
- Take a photo ID
- Request on you’re passport or identification card
To speed up your registration process for first time patients at BIDC, an online pre-registration form may also be done at anytime 48 hours before your first appointment date for patients visit BIDC main office.
For returning patients, feel free to arrive about 10 minutes before your appointment time. If there are any changes to your contact information or registration information (such as allergies, medical conditions or special requirements), please do kindly inform our counter service who will update your information.
For patients coming to BIDC main office, after registration you will then be sent to a registered nurse for an initial assessment and your vital signs measured. Please do kindly inform the nurse if:
- you are taking any current medications (including herbal supplements)
- have any drug allergies or food allergies
- have any medical conditions (including cardivascular disease, hypertension, physical or mental disabilities)
- any special requirements (such as dental anxiety, privacy, religious or cultural restrictions)
Throughout your treatment visit at BIDC main office, our dentists and service staffs may ask for your name, surname and date of birth when transferring from one area to another area. This is policy meant to correctly identify patient for treatment abiding by our patient safety policy.
When first meeting your dentist, you will be seated at the desk. Please do bring up
- what your main concerns are
- any special requests or requirements
- please feel free to raise any questions at anytime if you are ever uncertain, unsure or uncomfortable about anything
Your dentist will do a checkup, diagnoses and a treatment plan. An treatment plan with informed consent form will be requested upon you’re evaluation. There are certain treatments whereby additional specialized informed consents may be ask from you.
If you have any worries or doubts about coming to BIDC especially at a time when you are probably not feeling at your best, feel free to talk to your dentist or contact our enquiry helpline.
Conclusion to Your Dental Visit
As an award-winning dental center, we put in lots of effort in our daily operations to cater to our patients. We ensure them that they are in a safe environment and treatment results received are successful and satisfactory. We try our best to meet the expectations and needs of our patients within our means. Before coming for your appointment dental visit to BIDC, we recommend to read on what dental services we provide and what is beyond the scope of our services. A mutual trust relationship is required between on both dentist and patient for successful treatment.
If you are unsure on what treatments you need, simply follow our online enquiry and booking process.