Benefits of Tooth Extraction
When is tooth extraction required?
There are a number of reasons why a tooth extraction is needed:
- The tooth is severely decayed
- There is advanced periodontal disease (“gum disease”)
- Tooth may be broken such that it cannot be repaired
- Other teeth may need removal because they are poorly positioned in the mouth (such as impacted wisdom teeth)
- Preparation for orthodontic treatment (“braces”) from overcrowding requires certain teeth to be removed to make space for teeth alignment.
- Primary teeth or baby teeth needs to removed to make room growth of permanent adult teeth.